Ensures Greater Control for Safer Vaginal and C-Section Deliveries
Dedication to safer deliveries is our first priority. The self-contained Mystic® II vacuum delivery system gives the clinician a helping hand when Mother Nature needs an assistant.
This single-use device combines all the features you expect from the Mityvac line of products. The devices are versatile, easy-to-use, gentle, effective, and offer superior control.
The Mystic Vacuum Assisted Delivery System comes in one compact unit and incorporates the latest safety features. The handle rotates without transferring torque to the cup so the vacuum system will not exceed 58 cm Hg.
Soft Bell cups result in less trauma for OA presentations:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (1) and UpToDate (2) recommend using soft, bell-shaped cups for OA presentations.
- Studies demonstrate that hard plastic cups have laceration rates as high as 14.1%. (3)
(1) Johanson R et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;CD000446. A Cochrane analysis of data from 9 trials including 1375 women, concluded that soft cups were associated with less scalp injury than rigid cups (odds ratio 0.45; 95% confidence interval 0.15-0.60).
(2) Greenburg J. Procedure for vacuum assisted operative vaginal delivery. In Rose BD, ed. UpToDate. Waltham, MA 2005. Rigid cups tended to be more suitable for occiput posterior, occiput transverse, and difficult occiput anterior position deliveries, while soft cups appeared to be more appropriate for uncomplicated occiput anterior deliveries.The rigid M-style cup is recommended for deliveries likely to require greater traction forces.
(3) Hayman R et al. Clinical evaluation of a "hand pump" vacuum delivery device. Obstet Gynecol. 2002.100:1190-1195. Scalp laceration rates: Kiwi OmniCup - 14.1%, metal cups - 11.1%, standard vacuum device - 4.5%.
The gentle but effective M-Style Mushroom® Cup has a proven success rate of up to 97% with laceration rates averaging less than 1.59%.3, 4, 5
- Choose the appropriate Mystic cup based on fetal presentation.
- As station is gained, the axis should be positioned downward toward the patient’s rectum initially.
- Then, as the baby’s head crowns, the axis should be extended above the horizontal position.
- Once the baby’s head is delivered, slowly release the vacuum using the release trigger and remove the cup.
- Continue delivery in the usual manner.
- Refer to the Directions for Use for full vacuum-assisted delivery guidelines.
| Part number
||Mystic II Pump with M-Style Mushroom Cup (12/Box)
||Mystic II Pump with MitySoft Bell Cup (12/Box)
(Ventouse obstetrique Mystic II 10057)